الأحد، 25 أبريل 2010

كورسات اللغة الانجليزية Exercises - Verbs and Business




Exercises - Verbs and Business

1- Put the verbs into the correct form: simple present (I do), present continuous (I am doing), simple past (I did), or past continuous (I was doing):

1. We can go out now. It __________________ (not / rain) anymore.
2. Jane __________________ (wait) for me when I __________________ (arrive).
3. I __________________ (get) hungry. Let’s have something to eat.
4. What __________________ (you / do) in your free time? Do you have any hobbies?
5. How fast __________________ (the car / go) at the time of the accident?
6. Mary usually __________________ (call) me on Fridays, but she __________________ (not / call) last Friday.
7. A: When I last saw you, you __________________ (think) of moving to a new apartment.
B: That’s right, but in the end I __________________ (decide) to stay where I was.
8. What’s that noise? What __________________ (happen)?
9. It’s usually dry here at this time of the year. It __________________ (not / rain) much.
10. Last night the phone __________________ (ring) three times while we __________________ (have) dinner.
11. Linda was busy when we __________________ (go) to see her yesterday. She __________________ (study) for an exam. We __________________ (not / want) to bother her, so we __________________ (not / stay) very long.
12. When I first __________________ (tell) Tom the news, he __________________ (not / believe) me. He_________________ (think) that I __________________ (joke).


2- Put in one of the following prepositions:

at on in for since during by until

1. Jack has gone out of town. He’ll be back _________ a week.
2. We’re having a party _________ Saturday. Can you come?
3. I have an interview next week. It’s _________ 9:30 _________ Tuesday morning.
4. Sue isn’t usually here _________ weekends. She goes out of town.
5. The train service is very good. The trains are almost always _________ time.
6. It was a confusing situation. Many things were happening _________ the same time.
7. I couldn’t decide whether or not to buy the sweater. _________ the end I decided not to go.
8. The road is busy all the time, even _________ night.
9. I was woken up by a loud noise _________ the night.
10. I saw Helen _________ last summer, but I haven’t seen her _________ then.
11. Brian has been doing the same job _________ five years.
12. Ann’s birthday is _________ the end of March. I’m not sure which day it is.
13. We have some friends staying with us _________ the moment. They’re staying _________ Friday.
14. If you’re interested in applying for the job, your application must be received _________ Friday.


3- Put the words in order to form expressions you can use when you meet someone for the first time:

1. Wilson I’m Hello Tom
...........................................................................................................................

2. you last It’s meet at good to
...........................................................................................................................

3. I we’ve before don’t met think
...........................................................................................................................

4. call Tom I’m Please me Tommy
...........................................................................................................................

5. much so you heard I’ve about
...........................................................................................................................

6. offices like I’d our you to new all welcome to
...........................................................................................................................


4- Use these words to complete the gaps:

call flying moved research
produce months department involve

1. That’s right. We ............................... integrated circuits.
2. No. I ............................... to Rome last month.
3. Quite a lot, yes. In fact, I’m ............................... to Paris tomorrow.
4. Gina Moretti. She joined us six ............................... ago.
5. What does your job actually ............................... ?
6. That’s right. I work in the accounts ............................... .
7. Yes. But we ............................... it “human resources” now.
8. I’m doing some ............................... on the Nigeria market.

ليست هناك تعليقات :

إرسال تعليق