الأحد، 25 أبريل 2010

Notes on Reflexive Verbs

Notes on Reflexive Verbs

*To say that people do something to or for themselves, you use reflexive verbs. For example, washing one’s hands and brushing one’s hair are reflexive actions because the person doing the action also receives the action.
Antes de una cita, (yo) me ducho y me arreglo el pelo.

*You know that a verb is reflexive if its infinitive form ends with the letters se.
ducharse

*The reflexive pronouns in Spanish are me, te, se, nos, and se. Here are the present-tense forms of the reflexive verb secarse:
Yo me seco Nosotros nos secamos
Tú te secas
Él/Ella/Ud. se seca Ellos/Ellas/Uds. se secan

*Some verbs have both reflexive and non-reflexive forms and usages. A verb is used in its non-reflexive form if the action is being done to someone or something else.
Lavo el coche a veces. I wash the car sometimes.
Me lavo el pelo todos los días. I wash my hair everyday.

*When you use a reflexive verb with parts of the body or clothing, use the definite article.
¿Siempre te pintas las uñas? Do you always polish your nails?
Felipe se pone los zapatos. Felipe puts on his shoes.

*You can put reflexive pronouns before the conjugated verb or you can attach them to the infinitive.

Me voy a duchar.
Voy a ducharme.
Te tienes que vestir para la fiesta.
Tienes que vestirte para la fiesta.

ليست هناك تعليقات :

إرسال تعليق