الأحد، 25 أبريل 2010

Some common non-action verbs with examples:

Some common non-action verbs with examples:

care I don’t care.
The only thing I care about right now is finding that missing child.
doubt You can ask, but I doubt she will say yes.
hate I hate my job.
like She likes peanut butter.
love Who doesn’t love chocolate?
respect No one respects me.
trust Friends trust each other.
agree I agree.
I agree with what she said.
believe I believe you.
disagree He disagrees with me now, but he’ll change his mind.
expect I expect him at any moment.
**She is expecting. (she is pregnant)
find We, the jury, find the defendant guilty.
I find your comments insulting.
guess I guess you’re right.
imagine I imagine we’ll see him again someday.
hope I hope you know what you’re doing.
need I need a pencil.
want I want a million dollars.
hear I hear music.
*but I’m listening.
also: Can you hear me? (Are you physically able to hear me?)
Are you listening? (Are you paying attention?)
see There it is! I see it!
be My girlfriend is smart and beautiful.
cost How much does it cost? It costs a hundred dollars.
seem He seems very quiet.
sound That cough sounds terrible. You should see a doctor.
belong Does this belong to you?
have She has no one to talk to.
own Who owns that dog?











Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb:

1. That doesn’t __________________ to them. (belong)

2. They __________________ construction on that road right now. (do)

3. I __________________ my job these days. (hate)

4. Are you __________________? (listen)

5. He isn’t home. He __________________ tennis. (play)

6. I __________________ chocolate right now. (want)

7. She’s busy. She __________________ on the phone. (talk)

8. She __________________ a doctor right now! (need)

9. Right now I __________________ two dogs. (have)

10. She __________________ right now. (work)

11. I __________________ music. (hear)

12. She isn’t here. She __________________. (jog)

13. We always __________________ to the movies on the weekend. (go)

14. I __________________ the light now! (see)

15. We __________________ to go to New York. (plan)

16. He __________________ my homework now. (do)

17. I __________________ I didn’t wake you up. (hope)

18. Carlos usually __________________ golf on Fridays. (play)

ليست هناك تعليقات :

إرسال تعليق