الأحد، 25 أبريل 2010

كورسات اللغة الانجليزية Teacher Activity for “I’ll Come Along,” Phrasal Verbs

Teacher Activity for “I’ll Come Along,” Phrasal Verbs
Description: This song can be used to teach a variety of phrasal verbs. This lesson plan comes with flashcards that can help students study the phrasal verbs on their own.

Before the song (choose one or more of the following):
1. Ask students if they can identify the differences among the following phrasal verbs:
a. get over (recover OR finish)
b. get by (survive a difficult situation)
c. get across (make something understandable)
d. get around (move from place to place OR avoid)
2. Explain to students that one of the most difficult aspects of the English language is that it has a number of expressions in the form of idioms and phrasal verbs. It is important to learn to guess the meaning of phrasal verbs because sometimes one phrasal verb can have very different meanings.
a. The policeman gave him a warning. This time, the man got off without a ticket. (avoid punishment)
b. What holidays do you get off next semester? (excused vacation)
c. The man in the train told me that the next station was where he gets off. (leave a vehicle)
d. INFORMAL: The man said he got off on drugs and alcohol. (finds enjoyment, often immoral behavior)

During the song (choose one or more of the following):
1. Have students complete the cloze passage OR
2. As they listen to the song and with a copy of the lyrics, have students circle the words they believe are phrasal verbs.

After the song (choose one or more of the following):
1. Have students create a “non-phrasal verb” version of the song by having them come up with “interpretations” of each line.
Example: I’ll come along if you sit tight
Means “I’ll follow you if you stay with me”
2. Have students create sentences of their own using the phrasal verbs from the song.

Creative ideas (For more creative ideas, go to “Creative Ideas” on the homepage.)
1. Use the flashcards to have students practice memorizing phrasal verbs. Make sure students learn sentences rather than just meanings, as phrasal verbs can be tricky!


“I’ll Come Along,” Phrasal Verbs (cloze passage)

Chorus
I’ll (1) ________________ if you (2) ___________________
Just (3) _________________ and it (4) _________________ right
Oh baby now
I’ll (5) ________________ if you (6) ________________
Just (7) _______________ and it (8) ________________ right
I’ll (9) _________________ you to set me free
Don’t (10) ________________ now—our love is real
You can’t just (11) ____________ true love _____________-
You’ve got to (12) ______________ it every day

There’s so many people who (13) ____________ love ___________-
How many times did I let it (14) _________________?
Sometimes we (15) ___________________—we are victims of fears
We (16) _____________, (17) _________________ and (18) _____________ the years

So it doesn’t (19) ______________
So it doesn’t work right
So we know we’ve (20) ___________________
(21) __________________ and never lose sight

Repeat chorus

I’ll (22) ______________ you, you can count on me
I’ll (23) ___________ you ______ if you’ll set me free

ليست هناك تعليقات :

إرسال تعليق